Tuesday 6 December 2011

How To Books

Everyone has an opinion about them. Should you read How to write books?
I think you should read anything you can get your hands on.
You shouldn`t take what you read as gospel. You should write your own way.
I have read some brilliant books. "The Novelists Guide," by Margret Geraghty is my favourite. I never bought it, I borrowed it from the library dozens of times.
I take what i want from them and ignore the parts that i don`t need. I keep a book of prompts that i fill with ideas i come across, just incase i find myself unable to write.
I don`t personally believe in writers block, writing is like exercising, use it or lose it!
I have always worked with pen and paper, I`m sure it will shock some writers to think someone still writes like that! It is making life hard for myself, but it feels right. NaNoWriMo meant i had to work straight to word. It was strange and made me realise how many silly mistakes i make. Writing with pen and paper made me lazy about grammar, something i will have to put serious effort into if i want to be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment