Thursday 28 February 2013

When can you start calling yourself an Author?


I recently created my own “Author’s page.”

A lot of my fellow writers had their own and after much consideration I decided it would be a good idea.

Before the introduction of e-readers, when you had to be published the traditional way or through vanity publishing, you probably wouldn’t have called yourself an author unless you had at least one book in the shops.

E-publishing means that a lot of writers now have the ability to publish their masterpieces reasonably easy.

I am hoping creating my page will motivate me to finish my novel. In the past I have allowed myself to procrastinate for long periods. My WIP was started over two years ago, and I am writing my second draft. I do not want to allow myself to drag this novel out too long; I have the sequel to write!

To be a successful writer I have to start thinking of myself as a writer. “Fake it 'till you make it,” is something I have heard many times.

I have wanted to write novels since I was very young. It is not a hobby, it is what I am, a writer. I have had a piece published in an anthology, “The other way is Essex,” and will hopefully have two pieces in a Children’s anthology to be released by summer this year.

My recent experience signing books at Chelmsford Library helped to make me feel like an Author too!

I have read many affirmations that tell you that all you have to do to get what you want is to think about it regularly.  The power of the mind!

I am a big believer in affirmations and visualisations; I just have to put them into practice.

That is why I decided now is a great time to create my new page.

No comments:

Post a Comment