Thursday 1 August 2013

Creepy Tales for Boyz and Ghouls


This week sees the release of my Writers’ group’s new anthology, ‘Creepy Tales for Boyz and Ghouls’. It is aimed at children 6-11 years old and was chosen to coincide with the Essex Libraries Summer Reading Challenge.

I have been very excited about this one, even more so than the previous anthology ‘The Other Way is Essex’. I love Children’s books!

I knew early on that one of my pieces was going to be a poem inspired by my daughter and the funny things she comes out with. It is called ‘Monsters in Mum’s Knicker Drawer.’ It was so much fun to write! Our wonderful illustrator Addi came up with a brilliant picture to go with it.

My other piece is a story called, ‘The Ghosts Next Door.’ I had to do a little research for that one as my ghosts are from the 40s.

There are many more poems and stories in there with ghosts, creepy houses, goblins etc.

All proceeds from sales of the book will go to Farleigh Hospice who also benefited from our last anthology.

If you would like to try a sample before buying, my poem is the first piece.

Please give it a try. It is available on Amazon on paperback and kindle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment